Friday, July 29, 2011

Oriental Trading came in today!!!!! :)

So after I spent my entire morning at the teacher center laminating and printing a bunch of wonderful items from fellow bloggers--I came home to find that my oriental trading order came in today! Yay! Below are a few pictures--will look so much nicer once they are in my room!
  
This is my classroom management piece--I will attach the cars to clothespins and put their names on them. All laminated--yay!

 So cheap on oriental trading! Great for probability lessons and all types of math fun--even fractions! Love the foam--you know how annoying regular dice can be on desktops!
 Cute file folder boxes--couldn't resist! Matched the theme so perfectly.
 Fraction cubes (blow up)
 Number Tiles
 Traffic lights (3) to hang from ceiling for our classroom community!
 Store all my deco junk!
Word Wall letters (not popular for 4th grade I have noticed many teachers do not do word walls, but I am going to give it a try! I still think it's super important!)

Can I get a holler back to all those teachers who are addicted to making their classroom as cute and homey as possible?? I need to quit. Hopefully--since this is my first year--I won't need to hit up the stores as much next year!

3 comments:

  1. HA you say you won't hit up the teacher store next year, but you wait and see :) You always find cute ideas and they are always coming out with cuter stuff!

    I put a math word wall in my room...I love seeing my students working on Accelerated Math and walk over to the word wall to remind them of a skill we learned previously in the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous finds!!! I really like the foam dice too. I'll probably have to invest in a lot of that stuff teaching fourth grade!! This is why I love reading your blog- you can keep me in line for the things I might need!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned this when I was in the 4th grade

    EQUIPMENT
    by Edgar A. Guest

    Figure it out for yourself, my lad,
    You've all that the greatest of men have had,
    Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes
    And a brain to use if you would be wise.
    With this equipment they all began,
    So start for the top and say, "I can."

    Look them over, the wise and great
    They take their food from a common plate,
    And similar knives and forks they use,
    With similar laces they tie their shoes.
    The world considers them brave and smart,
    But you've all they had when they made their start.

    You can triumph and come to skill,
    You can be great if you only will.
    You're well equipped for what fight you choose,
    You have legs and arms and a brain to use,
    And the man who has risen great deeds to do
    Began his life with no more than you.

    You are the handicap you must face,
    You are the one who must choose your place,
    You must say where you want to go,
    How much you will study the truth to know.
    God has equipped you for life, but He
    Lets you decide what you want to be.

    Courage must come from the soul within,
    The man must furnish the will to win.
    So figure it out for yourself, my lad.
    You were born with all that the great have had,
    With your equipment they all began,
    Get hold of yourself and say: "I can."
    William Knapp - wmknapp55@gmail.com
    Forest Grove, Ore

    ReplyDelete